If you are driving from elsewhere in Florida, here are the approximate driving times to Fort Myers.
Allow approximately 90 minutes to drive from Fort Myers to Captiva, depending on whether you stop to look at the beautiful sights along the way.
You'll pass through the commercial district of Sanibel Island, which does become heavily congested with auto traffic in season.
Be patient and be glad you're staying on peaceful Captiva Island.
- Miami: 3.0 hours driving time (take I-75 north past Naples to Fort Myers)
- Tampa: 3.0 hours driving time (take I-75 south to Fort Myers)
- Orlando: 4.0 hours driving time (take I-4 west to Tampa, I-75 south to Fort Myers)
Driving directions to Captiva Island from Fort Myers
- (starting at Interstate 75 from either direction)
- Take Exit 131 Daniels Parkway, also marked "SW Florida International Airport/Cape Coral."
- At the exit, head west on Daniels Parkway (away from the airport).
- After 2.7 miles, turn left (south) on Ben C Pratt Parkway / Six Mile Cypress Drive.
- After 2.8 miles (crossing US-41), Six Mile Cypress Parkway becomes Gladiolus Drive.
- Continue another 1.5 miles and exit left (fly over) onto Summerlin Road.
- After 6.0 miles, Summerlin Road becomes McGregor Blvd.
- Continue another 1.9 miles to the Sanibel Island toll plaza ($6.00).
- (Note that island speed limits are moderate and enforced -- no need to hurry on the islands anyway.)
- Continue 3.5 miles across the Sanibel Causeway to Periwinkle Way (4-way stop) and turn right (west).
- Continue west 2.4 miles on Periwinkle Way to Palm Ridge Road and turn right (north).
- Palm Ridge Road becomes Sanibel-Captiva Road, continue straight.
- After 7.3 miles, Sanibel-Captiva Road reaches the end of Sanibel Island.
- Cross the bridge onto Captiva Island, and follow the map directly to your vacation property.
- The Captiva Village area is ahead on Captiva Drive 3.0 miles.
- To visit American Realty of Captiva, turn left onto Andy Rosse Lane (4-way stop).
- AMRC is on the right side, 11526 Andy Rosse Lane.
Also see our Travel Information page.